Department of Biostatistics to offer short course on biostatistics for health care researchers
Apr. 4, 2013
In May, the Department of Biostatistics will offer a three-day course on biostatistics for health care researchers.
The course, 1 to 5 p.m. May 14-16, will cover basic concepts of statistical methods commonly encountered in health care literature.
The course will be located in the HITS Building, HS1110, and is open to faculty, fellows and residents, as well as other interested students and staff.
Enrollment will be limited to the first 30 registrants.
- Recognize common study designs and statistical methods used in medical research;
- Discuss complex study design and analysis with a statistician;
- Describe basic concepts of data management;
- Identify appropriate use of statistical procedures when given a common study design; and
- Employ simple statistical analyses under the guidance of a statistician.
For more information, or to sign up, download a brochure or registration at http://biostat.iupui.edu/academic-programs/short-courses/.
Contact Ann Lyon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.